Co-founder & CTO
As a part of the overall feature and functionality updates to the Eventador Platform, we are pleased to announce the 6.0 major release of SQLStreamBuilder, generally available as of 4-21-2020. With this, we’ve released a number of improvements and features that increase performance and improve state management as well as logging of SQLStreamBuilder and the overall Eventador Platform.
New features include:
- Improved auto-recovery for runtime job failures
- More responsive stream-sampler interface
- Upgraded Flink StreamBuilder runtime, allowing users to take advantage of modern features like MATCH_RECOGNIZE over time intervals, better state management, etc.
- Added support for nested fields and complex types in Materialized Views (arrays, maps, etc.)
- Added support for “Request Templates” to Webhook Sinks, permitting users to fully customize HTTP PUT/POST payloads with context-specific information.
How to migrate existing clusters:
To use the new version, simply select
Add Cluster in the SQLStreamBuilder application, and migrate existing jobs as necessary by restarting them on the new cluster. As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need a hand.
Or, if you’re looking to get started on the Eventador Platform, you can immediately benefit from the SQLStreamBuilder 6.0 release by registering for a 14-day free trial at eventador.cloud/register.