Co-founder & CTO
As a part of the overall feature and functionality updates to the Eventador Platform, we are pleased to announce the 8.0 major release of SQLStreamBuilder, generally available as of 7-28-2020. With this, we’ve released a number of improvements and features for SQLStreamBuilder and the overall Eventador Platform.
New features include:
- Support for Flink 1.10 “Blink” SQL planner syntax
- Improved file naming for S3, GCS sinks
- Support for “exactly once” transactional semantics for Kafka sources/sinks
- Additional controls for managing stateful jobs and savepoints
- Improvements to stream sample outputs, making it simpler to interact with running streams
- Ability to produce raw JSON events to the StreamBuilder producer API, allowing users to produce any valid JSON data without having to modify the message schema
How to migrate existing clusters:
To use the new version, simply select
Add Cluster in the SQLStreamBuilder application, and migrate existing jobs as necessary by restarting them on the new cluster. As always, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need a hand.
Or, if you’re looking to get started on the Eventador Platform, you can immediately benefit from the SQLStreamBuilder 8.0 release by registering for a 14-day free trial at eventador.cloud/register.