Senior Director of Marketing
Update: After having to unfortunately cancel the in-person event in San Francisco, the organizers have transitioned to a virtual event on April 22-24, 2020. To find out more details or to register, please visit: https://www.flink-forward.org/sf-2020
We’re gearing up for Flink Forward next month and are excited for what we know is shaping up to be a stellar lineup of sessions! We always enjoy the conversations we have with the Apache Flink community. This will be the first year we have a booth and have an even greater opportunity to chat with folks about what they’re working on and what they need from Apache Flink in the coming year.
Our own co-founder and CEO Kenny Gorman is presenting on Wednesday, March 25th right at Noon. The topic is how the team here at Eventador wrote an interactive streaming SQL and materialized view engine using Apache Flink. Lots of great examples and some good learnings from our side, so don’t forget to check that out!
But Kenny certainly isn’t the only great session that you have in store for you. Here are just a few of the sessions we’re looking forward to. But if past events are anything to go by, you can’t go wrong with any of the sessions.
Tuesday, March 24th:
- Growing a Flink Streaming Platform from Scratch, with Pinterest
- Cellular IoT Streaming Pipelines, with Cloudera
- A Deep Dive Into Flink SQL, with Alibaba
- Building a Unified Job Management Platform, with Uber
- Building a Metric Platform Using Flink for Massive Scale, with Netflix
Wednesday, March 25th:
- Detecting Offline Scooters, Lessons in Event Time for Flink and Kafka, with Bird
- Rethinking Fault Tolerance in Flink: What Lies Ahead?, with Ververica
- Managing Real Time Data Teams, with the Big Data Institute
- Flink SQL in 2020: Time to Show Off! With Ververica
- Real-time Anomaly Detection for Microservice Monitoring with Apache Flink, with Spoud AG
And that’s just a small selection of what we have on our agendas. If you’re thinking about going, but still undecided after seeing the stellar topics of the talks? This may help out – the organizers over at Ververica have been kind enough to give us a discount code for our community. Register here and use
FFSF20-Eventador to get 25% off your registration price.
We’ll be around both in our booth or learning in sessions, so if you see an Eventador shirt, don’t hesitate to say hi!