Are you a developer who likes talking to others in your field, building demos, making customers successful and deep diving into what makes technology tick? Do you understand and want to help other developers understand the power Apache Kafka and Flink can have on their businesses? Are you already (or interested in being) a peer thought leader about real-time data and/or stream processing?
Eventador.io delivers a fully managed stream processing stack built on Apache Kafka and Flink, and we’re looking for a community evangelist to spearhead our interaction with the developer and DevOps communities. This is a public-facing role, which includes being on stage at conferences and meetups, talking with (and listening to) our users, presenting online training courses and other videos, and engaging online with the developer community via social media and through the creation of technical and educational content.
We need someone with a strong analytical mind that understands technology, can create and build demos and prototypes, likes doing a variety of activities, writes and speaks well, and enjoys researching/finding answers.
* Strong communication skills: writing, verbal, presentations
* Strong organizational skills and experience with working in teams
* Technical background with the ability to get hands-on with the products
* Demonstrated experience in developing technical content
* Capable of hands-on technical work, including programming in Java, Scala, Python or similar languages.
* Familiarity with current data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, NoSQL, and popular RDBMS.
* Ability to manage programs and projects at once
* Customer-facing skills – ability to represent the company with customers and prospects
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
* 7+ years of vendor or IT experience
* Willing to travel as required