Eventador.io delivers a fully managed stream processing stack built on Apache Kafka and Flink. We’re looking for a solutions engineer to be the interface between potential and current customers of our stack and the sales and engineering teams. In this role you will be performing demos of our flagship product, building examples, creating content, and answering customer questions during the sales cycle. Additionally, this role will be public facing to include conferences and meetups, presenting online training courses and other videos, and engaging online with our customer communities (developer and devops) via social media and through the creation of technical and educational content.
We need someone passionate about streaming data and analytics and with a strong analytical mind that understands technology, can create and build demos and prototypes, likes working directly with customers, writes and speaks well, and enjoys researching/finding answers.
* Technical background with the ability to get hands-on with the products
* Customer-facing skills – ability to represent the company with customers and prospects
* Demonstrated experience in developing technical content
* Capable of hands-on technical work, including programming in Java, Scala, Python or similar languages.
* Familiarity with current data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, NoSQL and popular RDBMS.
* Strong communication skills: writing, verbal, presentations
* Strong organizational skills and experience with working in teams
* Ability to manage programs and projects at once
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
* Ability to program in at least one language
* 7+ years of vendor or IT experience
* Willing to travel as required